- To promote the value of quality accommodation which is provided for the exclusive use of students to support and enhance the South Australian education experience.
- To establish and maintain a profile within the commercial, government and education sector as being a reputable body of engaged industry participants who may serve to inform policy and planning, pertaining to the assessment and development of accommodation which is provided for the exclusive use of students.
- To represent the interests of operators with student accommodation interests in South Australia.
- Explore the viability and deliverability of a member self-accreditation system aligned with the development of minimum quality standards framework, to be endorsed and administered by the association.
- Lobby for the introduction of a prescribed student accommodation tenancy document.
- Lobby for the introduction of a licencing system for providers in the private rental market.
- Inform the development of the accommodation component to the State Government’s International Education strategy.
- Lobby for changes to relevant planning approval framework with a view to defining significant difference between projects specifically designed to accommodate students ( purpose built ) and “mixed use” residential apartment Developments.